Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fitter Happier

I never thought the day would come when I'd look in the mirror and be happy with what I see. But alas, the day is here. After 24 years of life, I'm finally comfortable with the lady staring back at me in the mirror.

No more thoughts in my head of I'm too fat. My face is asymmetrical. My mouth isn't wide enough. My hairline is weird. My cheek bones suck. etc. Now I'm just content. Not necessarily in love with myself, but accepting (after years of habituation, I guess). I still occasionally complain about massive zits that take up temporary residence under my nose or when I get that weird puffy face thing that happens after too little/much sleep. But I'm good.

This whole getting older phenom has its benefits. My 13 year-old insecure self would be happy to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.