Monday, January 12, 2009

I realize I really neglect this "blog". I just post videos that I find midly amusing.

I guess I don't write because I figure there's not much to write about. My life is kinda boring. Some exciting stuff is going on at work, but I'm sure it'll turn sour as most projects do throughout their lifetime. Plus, who wants to read about my job.

I think that the whole quarter-life crisis thing is finally catching up to me. I realize that I've been in New York for over a year now and if this past year has flown by, what does that mean about the rest of my life? A bit dramatic but you catch my drift. I know that if I don't buckle down and start making some goals for myself, five years down the road I'll be asking myself the same question I'm asking myself now, "What happened?"

I feel like I don't really pursue anything. I say I want to do stuff-- learn a foreign language, do more than just leaf down a hill on a snowboard, sew, draw, learn Flash, get my scuba license... but that's it. Just little promises to myself that kinda float off into oblivion as I waste hours mindlessly watching shitty videos on the internet. I want to feel like I actually did something at the end of this year. One thing, and one thing well. I hate getting old.

Plus although I've made friends in this city, I still can't help but feel alone. Maybe it's because I thought that by moving here I'd have the opportunity to meet loads of people, but you know what, the scenery has changed but I'm still me. I'm still the same timid person. Yeah, I'm friendly but I really dislike going to bars and schmoozing. It just doesn't feel "real", for lack of a better word. But if I don't put myself out there, how am I supposed to meet people? I don't know. I'm usually comfortable being independent/alone, but sometimes it's tough. Sometimes you just want a warm body there. Not necessarily to talk to or to physically touch, but to I guess know that you're not existing by yourself.

No comments: