Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I am slightly neurotic

Pet peeves. We've all got 'em. So what is today's rant?

Pigeon-toed-ness.

Omyfriggingoodness, if you're naturally pigeon-toed, all the power to you. Gait is a very personal thing.

However the recent spurt in ungenuine pigeon-toed-ness is driving me bananas. I blame it on the young&fashionable and Scarlett Johansson. For example, this girl who sat across from me on the subway, with her tiny dog (why does NY have so many tiny dogs?) dressed in a doggie trench coat on her lap, had her toes pointed inward to the extreme. It was like a reverse ballerina turnout. It was disgusting.

I'll admit I used to find the pigeon-toe cute. I'd glance at street fashion blogs and the awkwardness of the stance was endearing. Then everyone started doing it, and now it makes me wanna barf.

1 comment:

Josh said...

then you would hate japan... girls there are notorious for doing that shit